United Order of the Mog

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
United Order of the Mog

FFXI: online Titan server Linkshell Forum All trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. (c) 2002-2009 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY is a registered trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd.

Movie & Music Reviews

Pheydra
    Pheydra
    Admin
    Admin

Movie & Music Reviews Empty Movie & Music Reviews

Post  Pheydra Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:59 pm

DISTRICT 9: A film depicting the probable behavior and ensuing chaos that could very well coalesce from 'first contact' with an interstellar species.

The movie seems to try and blend the universal truths of life and compassion with the corrupt and commonplace wiles of human nature. The acting is surprisingly quite good despite the obvious language barriers and the fact that there seems to be very few, if any, well known actors in the film. I think this adds a more believable aspect to the film.

As you will see in the movie, propaganda is rife in the midst of the coverage of the situation and events that transpire. You will also see the ambitions that are present in the here and now. It almost paints a picture of humans being an inherently corrupt species. Hate and malice being fundamental attributes belonging to our species.

If you don't care for the deeper meaning behind the plot and would like to just see some cool alien weaponry and special affects you may still enjoy this movie. The costumes are exquisite and the plot has many turns...some quite unexpected.

There is even something in it for those who want an emotional portrayal of the events. (I almost teared up a bit)

This is a movie that you want to pause when you go to the restroom so that you don't miss anything! XD

All in all, I give this film ****/5.

If you would like to view a trailer of the film, you can do so by clickinghere

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:29 pm